Trinity Catholic School was the recipient of a painting by local artist Eileen Sprague. The 3-D painting, depicting the seasons, will be on display in the school's newly renovated library. Shown with the painting in front L-R are Olivia Braiman, Philomena Crough and Carolena Canale. Standing in the rear L-R are Eileen Sprague and School Librarian Nikki Reiner.
* BOOKS * BOOKS * BOOKS
Nana Hurley reads to our Preschool classes every Friday.
Each class has a scheduled Library day and time.
During Library time students will have the opportunity to listen to a story and check out books.
Research or other projects may also be done during library time to supplement classroom curriculum.
* AUDIO & VIDEO
Students may withdraw books and video materials from the library for a period of one week.
Read and Be Wise” Birthday Program
HAVE AN “OWL-SOME” BIRTHDAY AND HELP THE TRINITY CATHOLIC SCHOOL LIBRARY “SOAR” WITH SOME NEW BOOKS.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE “READ AND BE WISE”
- COMPLETE THE BIRTHDAY PROGRAM FORM. One form per child please. It is helpful to receive a request at least two weeks before the child’s birthday to allow time to purchase the perfect books.
- MAKE A DONATION TO THE LIBRARY. (Cash or check payable to Trinity Catholic School) We want all children to be able to participate. Any donation will be accepted. The amount of the donation is up to you.
- Presentation of two new library books personalized with the child’s name inside. (The children can enjoy these books for two weeks, then return them for others to enjoy.)
- A small OWL gift to keep.
- A colorful OWL with the child’s name and the titles of the books donated hanging in the library.
“WISE READERS” can celebrate their birthday in the library.
Celebrations are held on the library day closest to the child’s birthday. (July and August birthdays will be celebrated on the child’s half birthday--- September birthdays will be celebrated in October.)
The birthday program participants will have a great time and the Trinity Catholic School library will benefit. Your donation will help the library to continue to provide current reading materials for our students to enjoy. Let’s keep our students excited about reading!
***Please help us to make this year’s library program a HOOT! ***
Thank you for your support,
READ AND BE WISE
BIRTHDAY PROGRAM FORM
HAVE AN “OWL-SOME” BIRTHDAY AND HELP THE LIBRARY “SOAR” WITH SOME NEW BOOKS!
Please mark your child’s area(s) of interest.
_____ Beginning Reader _____ Arts/Crafts _____ Poetry
_____ Religion ____ Animals (type________________)
_____ Sports (type________________) History (type___________)
_____ Science/Technology _____ Fiction (type____________)
Amount of contribution $___________
Please return this form to participate in the Birthday Program as soon as possible to allow the library sufficient time to choose and process the special books for your child.
Volunteers are needed in the library to check in and re-shelve materials.
Volunteers are also needed during class time to help the younger students find the “perfect” book.